The National Farm Machinery Show is the perfect place to learn the latest on all the new equipment and technology available for farmers and ranchers. AGCO is using this show to launch several new products across its brands, but among the highlights will be the Massey Ferguson S Series tractor family. The new machines range from the smallest 5S ideal for dairies and livestock operations to the large 8S, which is a fully connected and highly dependable tractor.
This tractor family was built to incorporate tremendous levels of comfort and performance and to deliver a cost-effective and farmer-driven solution for farmers., according to AGCO. The Massey Ferguson 8S — available in 205, 225, 245 and 265, 285 and 305 HP — was the recipient of a 2022 AE50 Award from the American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers. This tractor is one of only 50 products selected for its remarkable innovation, significant engineering advancement, and impact on its market.
The 8S Series has Dyna E-Power dual-clutch transmission, an engine built to cut fuel usage by 10 percent, a quiet cab with high connectivity, and a precision-farming package that includes the new Datatronic 5 and optional Fieldstar 5 terminals.
The 7S and 6S tractors are debuting at the 2022 National Farm Machinery Show, and this is the first time in North American that all of the S Series machines will be shown together.
- The 7S Series tractor is available in 155, 165, 180, 190 and 210 HP, and according to the company’s website, it “specifically designed to meet the needs of farming professionals” with applications from mixed farming to arable and contracting businesses. Because it’s available in a wide choice of engine capacities, transmissions, cab specifications, hydraulics and PTO options, it can be tailor to the user’s need.
- The 6S Series tractor is available in 145, 155, 165 and 180 HP. It’s a straightforward and dependable tractor, with a a four-cylinder engine that can pull, push, and match the lifting power of a comparable six-cylinder tractor.
- The 5S Series tractor, appearing with 115, 135 and 145 HP, is touted by Massey Ferguson as a best-in-class machine. The 5S combines economy with high levels of comfort and control along with a wide choice of equipment and options to suit all applications.
These tractors are being shown at both the AGCO and AgRevolution booths at the National Farm Machinery Show.
Other items unveiled
AGCO has more on display beyond the tractors, of course. The WR Series Windrower is new to the National Farm Machinery Show, along with the RB Series Round Baler and the VE Series Planter.
- The Hesston by Massey Ferguson WR Series self-propelled windrower has a larger fuel capacity and hydraulic efficiencies, resulting in more uptime, more power, and more comfort to maximize hay production and quality.
- The Massey Ferguson RB Series Round Baler features a patented bale formation system with Constant Pressure System (CPS) that combines spring and hydraulic action producing dense and uniform bales.
- The Massey Ferguson VE Series planters are a full line of planters — from rigid and folding-frame planters to narrow transport and track planters — offers growers straightforward, dependable, durable planters that deliver consistent, accurate seed placement for optimum yields.
AGCO is also going to have products from its Fendt and Gleaner brands at the 2022 National Farm Machinery Show.