The National FFA Organization has named 16 finalists for the 2022 top achievement awards: American Star Farmer, American Star in Agribusiness, American Star in Agricultural Placement, and American Star in Agriscience.
The American Star Awards represent the best of the best among thousands of American FFA Degree recipients. The awards recognize FFA members who have developed outstanding agricultural skills and competencies through the completion of a supervised agricultural experience program. SAE projects allow members to learn through hands-on experiences. Members completing an SAE can own and operate an agricultural business, intern at an agricultural business, or conduct an agriculture-based scientific experiment. At the end of their project, they reflect on and report their results.
Other requirements to achieve the award include:
- Demonstrate top management skills
- Complete key agricultural education, scholastic and leadership requirements
- Earn an American FFA Degree, the organization’s highest level of student accomplishment.
A panel of judges is set to interview finalists and select a winner for each category for the 95th National FFA Convention & Expo, held in Indianapolis this fall. The four winners will be announced during the convention.
»Related: 10 reasons we need the National FFA Organization
The finalists include:
American Star Farmer
- Peter Bliss, Merced-Golden Valley FFA Chapter in California
- Blake Frascht, Charles City FFA Chapter in Iowa
- Zane Hagemeyer, Elmwood FFA Chapter in Ohio
- Emily Makos, FFA Juda Chapter in Wisconsin
American Star in Agribusiness
- Terrance Crayton, Wetumpka FFA Chapter in Alabama
- Kaitlyn Hart, Colquitt County FFA Chapter in Georgia
- Cotton Booker, Colfax FFA Chapter in Washington
- Haden Handley, Buffalo FFA Chapter in West Virginia
American Star in Agricultural Placement
- Case Edwards, Wetumpka FFA Chapter in Alabama
- Cory Yarbrough, Madison County High School FFA Chapter in Georgia
- Jacob Wuebker, Versailles FFA Chapter in Ohio
- Emma Victery, Chickasha FFA Chapter in Oklahoma
American Star in Agriscience
- Danae Westra, Visalia-Central Valley Christian FFA Chapter in California
- Marin Lonnee, Oconee County High FFA Chapter in Georgia
- Sydney Hefty, Dekalb FFA Chapter in Indiana
- Ryan Hess, Stephenville FFA Chapter in Texas
For more information about the American Star Awards click here.
The National FFA Organization is a school-based national youth leadership development organization of more than 760,000 student members as part of 8,700 local FFA chapters in all 50 states and Puerto Rico.