“Ojas” is the Sanskrit word for “powerhouse of energy” and was the inspiration for an ambitious product lineup from Mahinda Tractors. The Mahindra OJA compact tractors debuted today during an event in South Africa and will be available for North American audiences in January 2024.
With 4WD standard, the OJA-platform tractor models will be available in four categories:
- Sub-Compact: 20-26 engine HP
- Compact: 21-30 engine HP
- Small Utility: 26-40 engine HP
- Large Utility: 45-70 engine HP
The Mahindra OJA tractors leverage four engine and four transmission technologies to provide versatility and efficiency to handle diverse agricultural tasks. Mahindra Farm Machinery has collaborated to develop a catalog of attachments and implements to meet the needs of rural property owners, ranchers, dairy, and small farming operations.
During Tuesday’s event in Cape Town, South Africa, Mahindra unveiled new tractors on three of the OJA platforms: the sub-compact, compact, and small utility, addressing diverse market needs including that of the U.S., India, and Southeast Asia. Mahindra, which is the world’s largest tractor manufacturer by volume, also launched seven new tractor models for the Indian market on the compact and small utility platforms.
The Mahindra OJA tractor range will be exclusively manufactured at Mahindra’s state-of-the-art tractor facility in Zaheerabad, Telangana, one of South Asia’s largest and most advanced tractor manufacturing plants. The technologically advanced plant has the manufacturing flexibility to roll out over 330 different tractor variants ranging from 20 to 100HP. Around 65 percent of the tractors produced in Zaheerabad are exported globally.
The OJA platform tractor range boasts several key advantages that elevate its performance and user experience:
- Optimal power-to-weight ratio: With its power-to-weight ratio, the OJA platform tractors have higher power availability, making them agile and suitable for various applications such as landscaping, snow removal and property maintenance.
- Connected intelligence for precision and performance: Equipped with a 3-cylinder engine featuring powerful back-up torque, the OJA platform ensures superior performance in terms of fuel economy and lugging ability. Additionally, the OJA platform’s connected features along with advanced hydraulics deliver precision, enhancing the overall versatility of these tractors.
- Comfort and convenience: The thoughtful design of the OJA platform tractors caters to user comfort with features such as tilt and telescopic steering with conveniently positioned controls. The inclusion of side shift controls with color-coded knobs adds to the operator’s awareness and convenience during operation, enhancing the overall experience in any operating situation.
Viren Popli, president and CEO of Mahindra Ag North America, said, “Today’s launch of the OJA-based range of tractors is a significant milestone for Mahindra Tractors, and we look forward to introducing this all-new line-up to our dealers and customers in January 2024. The OJA platform will launch in North America and these tractors will be available at our dealerships in time for the active spring growing season. These smart tractors are equipped with customer-driven features to make the product easier and more intuitive to operate.”
Mahindra Ag North America will assemble the OJA platform tractors at its distribution and assembly facilities in Houston, Texas, Auburn Hills, Michigan, and Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania.