Image by Monster Ztudio, Shutterstock
The National Dairy Herd Information Association Scholarship Committee chose nine high school seniors and college students to receive a $1,000 scholarship.
Committee members ranked applicants based on scholastic achievements, leadership in school and community activities, and responses to DHI and career-related questions. To be eligible for a National DHIA scholarship, applicants must be a family member or employee of a herd on the DHI test, a family member of a DHI employee, or an employee of a DHI affiliate. The DHI affiliate for the herd or affiliate employee must be a National DHIA member.
This year’s National DHIA scholarship recipients are:
- Doreen Dyt, Crows Landing, Calif.
- Anna Euerle, Litchfield, Minn.
- Brianna Meyer, Chilton, Wis.
- Maggie Molitor, St. Cloud, Minn.
- Holly Niefergold, Lawtons, N.Y.
- Josephine Sutherland, Flandreau, S.D.
- Libby Swatling, Clifton Park, N.Y.
- Kelli-Jo VanValkenburgh, Prattsville, N.Y.
- Laureen Walter, Villard, Minn.
- Brianna Meyer received a scholarship in memory of Joe Drexler.
For the 15th year, National DHIA awarded a scholarship in memory of Joe Drexler, who worked for NorthStar Cooperative DHI Services. NorthStar members and employees, friends and family contributed nearly $10,000 to establish this scholarship fund.
Money generated from the annual National DHIA Scholarship Auction primarily funds the organization’s scholarship program. Investments and donations also help build the fund.
On July 1, 2023, the 2024 National DHIA Scholarship application will be posted on the National DHIA website. Applications are due Oct. 31, 2023.