Image by Foto 4440, Shutterstock
The Beef Industry Scholarship was introduced in 1989 through Live Cattle Futures Contract of the CME Group. The National Cattlemen’s Foundation and CME Group are committed to the future of the cattle industry and continue to recognize and support outstanding youth in the beef community. The tradition remains strong today, each year a total of ten $1,500.00 scholarships are awarded to students pursuing careers in the beef industry.
Fields of study may include: education, communications, production, research or any other area involved with the beef industry. The purpose of this program is to identify and encourage talented and thoughtful students who will emerge as industry leaders.
Applications close on November 11, 2022, and are available here.
Conditions of Eligibility
- Be a graduating high school senior or full-time undergraduate student who will be enrolled in a two- or four-year institution for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to a career in the beef industry through classes, internships or life experiences.
- Include a Letter of Intent — write a one-page letter expressing/indicating your future career goals related to the beef industry.
- Write an original Essay — 750 words or less describing an issue confronting the beef industry and offering a solution.
- Provide two Letters of Recommendation—two letters of reference from current or former instructors or industry professionals.
Individual applicant or their family must be a member of the National Cattlemen’s Beef Association.
Previous scholarship winners are eligible to apply.