Farmers and ranchers are well versed with working with their hands from sunup to sundown. America’s female producers know how important it is to protect their hands from the daily hardships they endure. A good pair of women’s work gloves can be the difference between beaten up hands or just being a bit sore from working hard. Even with callused, dirty hands, the best work gloves for women provide more gripability and protection from potential accidents.
Take it from us, we know there is a difference between the cheap women’s work gloves gloves found at discount stores and a sturdy pair that you would trade your first born for — OK, that might be a bit dramatic, but you get it. Women who work with their hands — whether that be farming, ranching, construction, gardening, machinery, or other industries — understand that their hands are part of their livelihood. If something happens to their hands, they will be hindered in doing our job as efficiently as possible.
While searching for the perfect women’s work gloves, we knew we could only include gloves that were long lasting, durable, comfortable, smartphone enabled, and improve gripability. We found eight of the best women’s work gloves on the market and tested them all:
DEX FIT Level 5 Cut Resistant Gloves
The DEX FIT work glove has many perks. For comfort, we love that it comes in multiple sizes and not one size fits all. When it comes to gloves, you want a snug, but comfortable glove that will flex with you, not restrict you. To implement dangerous works, these women’s work gloves offers the protection from cuts, punctures and abrasions with comfort, grip and dexterity.
- Cut Proof — Protect hands from cuts and punctures while cutting meat and while handling sharp metal, knife, mandoline, blade, glass, plastic, construction materials
- Comfort & lightweight — Ergonomic snug fit to all fingers. Easy on and easy off thanks to the high elastic knit wrist cuff
- Non-slip — Prevent pipe’s slippage and minimize hand fatigue.
- Smartphone touch screen compatible — index finger works on any smart phone screen.
Carhartt Flex Breathable Spandex Work Glove
These Carhartt women’s work gloves are a great universal glove to work in. The gloves are comfortable enough to wear all day, they’re made of breathable spandex with a synthetic palm. The material helps wick away sweat to keep your hands dry and more comfortable.
- Pull On closure
- Hand Wash
- Textured spandex shell.
- Reinforced thumb and finger saddle
- Side vented cuff with synthetic pull
Wells Lamont HydraHyde Water-Resistant Work Gloves
With the hardiness of leather and the flexibility of spandex, these women’s work gloves will come in handy. The palm of each glove is fully covered with HydraHyde-treated Saddletan color grain cowhide leather. Breathable stretch fit spandex forms to the back of your hand and keeps them cool and comfortable throughout.
- Water-resistant leather — moisture beads up on contact, keeping the leather soft & pliable
- Durability — heavy duty leather palm & reinforced leather fingertips increase wear, grip and durability
- Adjustable wrist — customized fit ensures dirt and debris never make it into your gloves
- Spandex — water-resistant Spandex back with lightly padded knuckles
SAFEAT Safety Grip Work Gloves
SAFEAT gloves are high performance polyethylene gloves that are specially engineered to protect your hands from cuts and abrasions. These gloves are knitted women’s work gloves with polyethylene fibers and designed to be as versatile as possible. The SAFEAT gloves also have the highest abrasion and tear resistance EN 388 level 4. Puncture resistance level 2 and CE certificate.
- Cut and abrasion resistance
- Puncture and water resistance
- Long lifespan
- Excellent thin gripping, bare hand sensitivity, and breathability.
- Ideal and best for cutting, DIY, wood carving, garden, carpentry, HVAC, whittling and other construction or home related jobs where highest protection is needed.
Dovetail Multi-Purpose Work Glove
These work gloves were designed for women by women. These lightweight gloves are based on real-world use and feedback. One of the perks of these gloves include stretchy and breathable fabric, with palm and fingertip protection. In addition to fingertip protection, the comfort and durability of this glove goes above and beyond any other glove we have tried.
- Reinforced panels
- Touch-sensitive index fingers
- High dexterity
- 4-way stretch
- Hand-washable, line dry
- Made of nylon, polyurethane, elastane, silicone
West Chester John Deere Split Cowhide Leather Gloves
John Deere Leather Gloves are cowhide gloves that ensure maximum safety. These gloves are usually used for maintenance work, material handling, and agricultural purposes. The gloves are made using split cowhide leather which keeps the hand safe during work. The snug work gloves have reinforced tractor tread thumb saddle for durability. The reviews did say this glove runs a bit small so consider that when purchasing.
- Leather Gloves — hand protection gear is ergonomically designed using cowhide leather to ensure maximum safety.
- Design — leather safety gloves are designed using cowhide leather and feature keystone thumb type and band top cuffs.
- Durability — safety gloves have reinforced tractor tread thumb saddle for durability and feature split cowhide leather palm
- Flexibility — leather palm gloves have breathable spandex back and shirred elastic wrist for flexibility, comfort, and snug fit
HANDLANDY Utility Work Gloves
These work gloves are fit especially for women — no more extra material in the fingers like when we have to wear men’s gloves. With three touch screen compatible fingers, these gloves give women who work with technology and with their hands the ease of not having to take off the gloves during the work day.
- Flexible & breathable work gloves — stretchable spandex design back keeps your hands cool and comfortable on the job.
- Touch screen work gloves — with 3 Touch screen compatible fingertips capable for your phone or tablet without having to take the gloves off.
- Easy on, easy off mechanic gloves for women — supportive neoprene cuff with hook& loop strips closure cuff for snug secure fit.
- Utility work gloves with padded palm & knuckle — synthetic leather palm with foam padding provides hands better support & all-day comfort, gives extra protection from vibration & impact while allowing flexibility.
- Terry cloth on the thumb — more convenient to wipe your face and sweat away while staying focused on the task at hand.
Ridgecut Leather Performance Glove
These performance women’s work gloves were constructed with comfort and durability in mind featuring a grain pigskin leather palm and a breathable spandex back of hand. These work gloves offer more protection from harsh conditions making them perfect for the toughest of jobs. The glove also features touchscreen capabilities as well as a terry thumb. The hook and loop closure has been added for a secure fit while keeping unwanted dirt and debris out of the glove.
- Grain pigskin leather
- Spandex back for comfort and breathability
- Hook-&-loop closure
- Touchscreen capabilities
Methodology of finding the best women’s work gloves
During this process of looking for women’s work gloves, we wanted to find the best of the best. We were tired of ripping through pair after pair and having to settle for men’s work gloves that didn’t fit our hands. To no surprise, most men have bigger hands than women. The fingers don’t fit right and the extra material around the palm doesn’t allow for the best grip experience.
Our picks for the best women’s work gloves had to check off five different requirements before they could make it on our list. The categories were:
- Have multiple size options. Women’s hands comes in all shapes and sizes and for the glove to fit right, you need to be able to select your appropriate size. These gloves are all made just for women so be sure you measure your hand before you select size small thinking they are men’s gloves.
- Touchscreen technology. Whether it is working with technology for work, replying to a text during your garden session, or answering a call, we shouldn’t have to take 10 seconds trying to take off our gloves. The selected women’s work gloves can make your life easier when working with technology.
- Type of material. We were not looking for a good winter glove for this list. None of these work gloves are meant to keep you warm during the winter, but they will make good wind blockers and help even when the temperatures drop a bit. However, these gloves were meant to protect your hands and knuckles while working hard. We looked for material that would protect against multiple job types and uses — some even being water resistant and sweat wicking.
- Best reviews. Every glove on this list received at least 4.5 stars or higher. We scanned hundreds of reviews that mentioned comfort, durability, versatility, and so much more! We wanted to make sure that each glove on this list was made especially for the needs of women.
- Ease. Lastly, to be on this list, we wanted to make sure these gloves were ones you could bring anywhere. They are not bulky and can fit in your pocket. The color of most of these won’t get mistaken for men’s gloves so your coworkers won’t be trying to borrow them either!
While there are many uses for these women’s work gloves, the number one priority is to make sure the fit is right and they protect you from harm during a job!